Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Prayer and its Power

Last week was a rough one to say the least. I was struggling personally with some things and my team was struggling with where God had placed us. We were running ragged with two churches a day, one being over an hour away from home. Our morning church was a gift and a blessing. We were working in preschool (I know, right?) and the workers assembled in that area were phenomenal. We were making connections with our kids and God was doing something big, per His usual. Then we hop in good old Tank and take off down i 75 (aka, our new and closest friend.) We drive and drive and drive and drive. It took absolutely FOREVER to get to our evening church and we were worn out by the time we got there. We had driven through an absolute monsoon and the sky was falling. We prayed in the car and ascended on day one of Beach Blast. The church was small with few kids, which is always okay! Where two or more are gathered, ya know. We are acquainted with our helpers and the staff and we were off, working with more awesome poeple. But my heart was not there and I was struggling and I was tired. And I could tell I wasn't alone. The week wore on and we continued our mission, suffering through lightening storm after lightening storm as we wore out the highway. It was wearing me thin, because, to be honest, it was way more work than I was used to. But I prayed through it, as did Emily. We prayed together and separately. We prayed for each other by name. We prayed for our fellow teammates, facing hard weeks, too. We prayed a lot. And never in my life have I felt a closer to my Jesus. It is amazing what happens when we do what He has commanded us. I was so spiritually, emotionally, and physically drained, but He gave me the strength I needed for each day. He kept me moving, even when I felt like I couldn't keep on. He is so so good. I kept asking for him to reveal to me why we were where we were (mouthful, I know. Sorry.) In the last couple of days he made it resoundingly clear. It was a little girl named Samantha and a young mom with the sweetest child. Samantha is autistic and probably cast aside a lot, because of how different she is. But when I took time with her, I found a sweet young girl, with a lot to offer, and no outlet. By the last day, Emily had her participating in games. My heart was blessed. So blessed in fact that I was watching all this take place with tears in my eyes. Yes, me, crying. Doesn't happen often, but I love when He breaks me down to that point. Revelation number one. And there is more to that story, but I will get to that later. We also met a young mom, whose husband is in the Navy. She was such a blessing to us both, and we were definitely not ready to say goodbye. Then my amazing God opened a door. She is close friends with the coordinator of another VBS we are working at. She is going to help out there, too. We were exhausted and burnt out, (my dramatic self even went and got sick) but we left last week feeling like the Spirit really was working. It is an amazing thing to see Him actively at work. I will wrap up the blabbering portion of this blog shortly. God provides and prayer is so vital and beneficial, if we really put our whole selves into that communication. Its important to talk to God. And how privileged are we that we get to talk to the creator of the universe?
I'm rambling.
Moving on.
In my own personal me time last week and the week before, I was struggling with direction with where I am going. I was getting a little self centered in thought to be honest. But I'm only human. So I took it to Him in prayer. I wrote it all out and laid it down in front of Him. He's answering my prayers here and there bit by bit and reminding me to be patient. He is showing me Jeremiah 29:11. A lot. He has a plan for me. I need not get ahead of Him. I would love to have a plan for my future, but I really don't. It is something I am working on. He knows and that is all that matters. He is showing me things. I am blessed he is working with me on this. So that was just a side matter, anyway. I'm going to wrap this up.

There is power in Prayer. Don't let that become yet another christian cliche. Put some real effort into a prayer life with Him. Keep a journal or a log of your prayers and look back and see how he worked in those situations. It is an amazing process and I guarantee you'll never feel closer. Communication is key in any relationship. Most importantly in one with your Savior. Spend time talking to Him.
Oddly enough He wants to hear from us.
Thank you for the prayers. Love you all. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment