Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So much potential

I'm reminded daily how underestimated I am. People see a nineteen year old girl teaching their kids in VBS, and I often times get that same skeptical glance. A look that screams, "can you really do this?" or "are you actually qualified for this responsibility?" It's frustrating and challenging all at once. And it has taught me something. Never underestimate someone based on their age.

First Timothy 4:12 says, Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, faith, and purity. (NLT)

Watching the kids these past couple of weeks has blown my mind. I see so much potential in each in every face. They are apart of the smartest generation that has ever been and I strongly believe it's up to us to equip them correctly. We need to step up and invest in the lives of the children around us. Not just for education and success, but for spiritual growth, too. If we let them be they will never have the Godly role models they need and they wont have someone pushing them in the right direction. But we also shouldn't constantly take control. To create leaders, we must let them lead. We shouldn't squelch their potential. We should tend it, and water it and help it grow. Its up to us to prepare these kids and get them to where they need to be.

That is my short rant for the week that I wanted to share. Take it to heart.

Now a quick report from SoFlo. Thank you all for your continued prayers as we have been working. Things are going well for my team this week. We have been blessed with an amazing church in Lehigh Acres. The drive is long, but the nights are worth it. We feel God is really doing something with us, and we pray we just stay emptied of us so He can fill us with Him. Only two and a half weeks left till we are back among family and friends, but I think we will all be changed in some way or another. My life and outlook is different now. In a good way. And I pray this change sticks to me. Keep praying that we see this all through with the same vigor we held at the beginning of summer. Thank you all so much for your continued support. We would be nothing without your prayers and love. Love you all.

Peace and love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment